Sunday, November 23, 2014

How to spend a dull Sunday in Koh Samui?

1. Reading: To be honest, I have never been a big fan of reading. Im more like a movie-worm who tucks herself in bed, stretches her legs, digs her chin into a warm soft blanket and hides in her shelter all day. But my mom instantly reminds me that I am having a giant pool in my backyard, that it's so unfair for others who are dying to see a beach when I am wasting it and that I should spend more time OUTSIDE. Thus, "Why men can't listen and women can't read maps" - an easy-to-read book I borrowed from Island Book, a lovely bookshop belongs to a wise old man named Alex - needs to be finished. 
I know how boring it sounds but I was quite amazed by the fact that I enjoyed reading outdoor so much that I actually spent three hours straight on the beach just to read. The breeze, the sound of waves against the shore, the smell of salt is the perfect formular for it. Library? Nah! 

Another reason is breakfasts in restaurant are ridiculously exspensive before 9am. My solution is 25baht sandwich from 7/11 and my towel. All set for a lovely reading session on the shore. 



2. Shopping and cooking: When I moved to Koh Samui four months ago, my dinner was all about eating out and my menu was, in turn, changed between Big C and Tesco food courts. Not until my friend took me to Makro when I visited him in Bangkok a couple of week ago, I had never known Makro was a food-mechandise. 


I know how silly it sounds but I was living in a country that has no Makro at all. 



A burnt coconut is ONLY 18baht. O-M-G!
Sorry for being photo crazy, I am a meat lover having affair with veggie. 
I stay in Bo Phut, which means Makro, Tesco Lotus and Big C is within 10min driving. You can find almost everything here, local to imported, unless you are looking for out of season. It's a pretty good reason for a foodie like me to spend weekend in shopping and cooking. My favorite food is Vietnamese spring rolls and every friend of mine, even my boss, loves them too. Sorry for no pictures because they vaporated so quickly before I had a chance to snap one. 

And you will find how strangely time passes on Sundays, before you realize, it's Monday again :(

No comments:

Post a Comment