Thursday, September 25, 2014

My first road-trip in Koh Samui

Almost 3 months since the last time I drove a motorbike, 10 months since my last road-trip. Cant believe it!!!

Yesterday ride was my first road-trip in Koh Samui with Nee and Kim. To everyone who has experienced the muddy and rocky crazy roads here, it is even more challenging to crawl all the way up the slippery roads to the top of the mountain right after the rain. 
Not as steep as the way to Jungle Club, still challenging to me.

As soon as we made it to Su Thep's (I'm pretty sure this is his name) private properties, it started raining again so we decided to stay for a while. Turned out, it was a good idea spending some time there. We all enjoyed taking pictures and being amazed by the fresh-picked fruits from his garden. (His khao-pan was delicious, too) There wasn't only us who finds it a hiding place. There were three other Australian veterans finding their own comfort under the rose-apple tree when we came. Su Thep lets them use his garden as a meeting place every weekend to throw their BYOB party.

One got excited seeing my film camera and showed me his first rolls taken when he first got here 30 years ago. Without the colorful commercials umbrellas, Koh Samui looked like a sleeping beautiful back then, not to mention the sexy boobs. I'm glad they did not disappear when tourism had its hands here.
 

Well, at least I know where I can set a bbq party when I want to :) 

I love khao-pan (Thai fried rice) but this is the first time I saw a red one. It doesn't taste any better though.
Golden-cup flower

Our generous landlord :)

 I heard some said Trees are the earth's endless effort to talk to the listening heaven.
We went to mangroves forest as well. You can find it on the way to Conrad hotel following the signs; they are quite small though; and then end up at Elements water-front beach to take sunset photos.


Yay it's sunny again and the wheels keep going...

The most beautiful sunsets are ones after the rain.
How amazing the way the mangroves create an eco-system themselves

Of course there's something to remember. When climbing down the waterfall, suddenly I fell off. Su Thep reached out to grab me and slipped, too. We stopped 10meters before the cliff (that was close, wasn't it) and decided to take a nature-made fish-spa to catch our breath. The fishes could not care less because they were not paid to do the massage as their friends do in glass boxes I guess. I should have given them some tips for their hard work. Oh lazy fishes!
Fish-spa

He showed me pictures of local Thai fruits in his phone. So exciting they are all available in his garden.
 Kim seems so excited being lost in the jungles. Too bad he had to leave early.


I will save Kalasea restaurant for the next post. zZz

Dinner by the shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment